Did you know that over 66% percent of all non-profits don’t track the impact of their web-site? I hope this doesn’t include you!
If you’re going to start using your website to increase donor activity, you should check out Google Analytics. This free tool will give you detailed information about folks who visit your site:
- Where they came from and what search terms they used to find you
- What pages they looked at and how long they stayed
- How many donated money and what pages made them donate
With this data, you can tweak your website and crank up the bucks.
Five benefits of using Google Analytics:
- Free – Yes, free is still the lowest cost out there!
- Sophisticated Analytics – Google Analytics has really cool dashboard displaying all key stats.
- Easy To Use – You don’t need to be a techie or marketing guru to use Google Analytics.
- They have posted some great “how-to videos” here.
- One Size Fits All – Google Analytics is a hosted service that runs on the same servers that power Google. From large, high-traffic corporate sites to small sites, Google Analytics delivers consistent service.
- Free Training – Go back to school at Google’s Conversion University. Learn how to make changes to your website so that you can convert more visitors into donors.
One more thing: Don’t tell Nancy Schwartz’s husband that she’s in love… with Google Analytics.