Note: A video tutorial is at the end of this post.
Back in June, Youtube rolled out their new channel design, which I upgraded late one night in July but haven’t had time to take a closer look at what the upgrade was about.
I finally had time to dig into options this past week, and thought it might be useful to screencast my upgrade.
What’s new with the Youtube channel design
According to Youtube, users get the following enhancements:
- In-channel editing, allowing you to see the results of your design changes on your channel as you edit.
- Channel visitors can browse through and watch multiple videos without leaving the channel.
- Customize and re-arrange how your videos (uploads, playlists, and favorites) are displayed on your channel.
This video covers:
- Upgrading to the new channel design (if you haven’t already)
- Selecting your channel settings
- Selecting a Youtube Theme, creating your own theme and uploading a background image.
- Selecting which modules to show or hide.
- Selecting your “featured” content.