Update: On March 18th of 2011, Facebook phased out the use of Static FBML. Only Pages with existing instances of Static FBML are able to follow the steps in this post. Please read this post about iFrames.
One critical feature of your nonprofit Facebook Page is giving your connections easy ways to donate one to your cause.
It’s easy to post a link to your donation Page in your status update, but it’s not a permanent solution. After all, status updates get buried within a day or two, maybe even hours if you have an active fan base.
There are at least three ways to link your Facebook Page to a fundraising application.
- Include a link within your info tab. Pro: Very easy. Con: No one visits info tabs.
- Use a Facebook Fundraising App. Pro: Integrates with Facebook. Con: Running two donation platforms.
- Create a custom tab. Pro: Uses your existing donation platform. Con: Requires custom work.
Creating a custom donation tab: Easy and Hard
- Easy – Use the STATIC FBML application with a linked image that points directly to your donation Page. The image should include a call to action to donate and share the donation app.
- Hard – Create a sweet-looking tab by hiring a Facebook Page designer, like Inbound Zombie.