Yesterday I conducted a free webinar for Charityhowto.com with my good friend, Kurt Steiner.
Over 1,300 people registered and about 700 people showed up. Over 85% of the nonprofits who attended were already using Facebook, but more than 75% considered their knowledge level beginner or intermediate.
Together we spent over an hour answering ten of the most common question nonprofits have about Facebook:
- Why should you use a Facebook Page instead of a Group or Profile?
- Should you name your Facebook Page after your organization?
- What category should you choose for your Page?
- What applications can you use to customize your Page?
- How can you begin to promote your Facebook Page?
- How can you save time managing your Page?
- How can you tell if your fans like your content?
- How often should you update your Facebook Page?
- How can you collect donations from your fans?
- How can you revive a Facebook Page that’s gone stale?
Here’s the deck which includes a few pointers on each of these questions (You can download a PDF here as well).