I write six to seven posts each week on four different websites, which might seem amazing. But I used to struggle to write just two posts every week (seven is still a struggle, which is a good thing).
Here are a few things I’ve do that have help me be more efficient (but still authentic) with my blogging:
- Dragon Dictation – I wrote this post in ten minutes (two minutes dictating and eight minutes editing the post in WordPress).
- Theme Calendar – I have a theme calendar in my head that looks like this:
- Monday – Strategy article at JohnHaydon.com, Video on Headway Videos.com
- Tuesday – Tactical article at NonprofitFacebookGuy.com
- Wednesday – Social fundraising article at Razoo, Howto article at JohnHaydon.com
- Thursday – Tactical article at NonprofitFacebookGuy.com
- Friday – Personal / thought piece at JohnHaydon.com
The last thing I’ll say about all this is that I’ve kept at it, every single day for over three years. I have no special talents, just skills I’ve acquired with hard work.
So if you’re amazed at how much I blog each week, don’t be. If I can do it, so can you.