Whether or not you use Blackbaud’s software, one thing you’ve got to respect is their commitment to researching what online fundraising strategies work best for nonprofits.
A few highlights in the report:
- 98% have a Facebook page with an average community size of over 8k fans.
- Average Facebook and Twitter communities grew by 30% and 81%, respectively.
- Average value of a Facebook Like is $214.81 over 12 months following acquisition.
- 73% allocate half of a full time employee to managing social networking activities.
- 43% budget $0 for their social networking activities.
- The top 3 factors for success are: strategy, prioritization, dedicated staff.
They also created this amazing infographic summarizing the report.