People support your organization for one reason: They view your organization as the agent of change they seek.
If they had the resources, they’d make the changes they desire by themselves. But they don’t, and that’s why you’re in their lives.
So when you tell the story of your cause, you need to show how supporters ultimately create the outcomes.
Nonprofit Storytelling with Infographics
One powerful way to do this is with a set of infographics like the Best Friends Animal Society created.
What’s really great about this infographic is that it’s broken down into five separate infographics, which makes the information even more digestible.
Five Tips for Creating Powerful Infographics
Best Friends Animal Society does so many things right with their infographic. Here are a few:
- Keep it simple. The information should be instantly understood through pictures and words.
- Make it beautiful. No one wants to share an infographic that’s ugly. Make sure you spend the money and hire a graphic artist that can create a beautiful info graphic. Here are a few tools to create infographics.
- Make it easily shareable. Users should be able to share your infographic with one mouse click on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. If you use WordPress for your website, you’ll find a number of plugins that will add a sharing feature to images.
- Put it everywhere. Make sure you post your infographic on your Facebook page, your Pinterest board, and even Instagram. This way people who call these places their home will easily see it.
- Promote it. Just because you build it doesn’t mean people will come. You need to have a marketing communications plan that uses your biggest assets, like your email list, to promotes the infographic.
Have you seen an effective infographic about a cause? Post it in the comments below.