If you’re not familiar with it, IFTTT (If This, Then That) is a free utility that automates tedious online tasks.
For example, updating Google spreadsheets with retweets, updating profile pictures across networks, or uploading Instagram pictures to DropBox.
Basically, it’s a digital personal assistant who takes care of repetitive tasks, based on simple if/then rules. The automated tasks you create with IFTTT are called recipes.
Here are 14 IFTTT recipes for nonprofit marketers:
- Add a calendar event by voicemail
- Create shared meeting notes via email
- Update a Google spreadsheet when someone makes a donation
- Track #hashtags in a Google spreadsheet
- Get a text if your competitor blogs about a specific topic
- Track an Instagram contest in a Google spreadsheet
- Save all your Instagram photos to DropBox
- Post Instagram pictures to Tumblr
- Post Instagram pictures to Flickr
- Update your Facebook Page when an event starts
- Save all your tweets in a Google spreadsheet
- Email your iPhone photos
- Save new comics from The Oatmeal to Pocket (of course!)
- Text to get away from people (this one’s funny!)
Do you have a favorite IFTTT recipe I should add? Post it in the comments.