I had the opportunity to spend time with my friend, Chris Garrett, who I’ve know for a couple of years (We did a few webinars together for Techsoup).
Chris is one of the shyest people I know. In this 90 second interview, Chris outlines several steps for how nonprofits can get started with social media, even if they’re as shy as Chris:
- Start with who you already know
- Find out who else you should talk to
- Be generous with your time and effort
- Build your network before you need it
- Be interested in others
- Become a facilitator of new connections