What are the best ways for using hashtags effectively for your GivingTuesday campaign, and what tools should you use to monitor your campaign and track mentions?
Here’s a short presentation I gave to my email subscribers:
- LISTEN FIRST – Research trending hashtags used by your community. Checkout hashtagify.me and hashtagging.com.
- KEEP IT SIMPLE – Make a hashtag that is short, relevant and easy to remember.
- GO BEYOND TWITTER – The party will spill out into Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- TRACK MENTIONS – Use technology to track mentions of your hashtag. Check out mention.com and tweetchat.com.
- PROMOTE YOUR HASHTAG – Frequently, with all channels.
- ENGAGE – Reply, retweet, like… support and encourage.
- SAY THANKS – Say thanks and report back about results.