Derek Halpern, a conversion expert at SocialTriggers recently developed an amazing list of recommendations to increase conversions at InboundZombie.com, which I recorded so that you can benefit from his expertise as well. 🙂
Now, I did this review with Derek about a month ago, and have implemented about half of his recommendations. Two immediate results:
- The number of new leads for business has doubled.
- Visitors are staying on my site longer.
Here’s exactly what Derek covers in the video (which is at the bottom of this post).
- Answer this question for visitors: Is Inbound Zombie right for me?
- Use testimonials to build trust and leverage social proof on homepage.
- Deepen trust by adding pictures to people listed on website.
- Add personal stories to staff where appropriate.
- Use case studies to build trust.
- Provide a PDF download staff can download and pass around to other stakeholders.
- Try not to be clever with copy. Specific and simple sells.
- Personal stories sell more than statistics.
- Helping one person is doable, helping 10 million is a waste of time.
- Increase conversion by breaking down long forms into multiple steps.
- Increase conversions by shortening width of copy – especially at the begging.
- Increase conversions by getting people to read the first few sentences of your copy.
- Increase conversions by reassuring people as they are completing a donation form.
Seriously smart guy! Subscribe to Derek’s blog at Social Triggers.